Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) is established in the year 2012 with an intake of 60 students and affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Hyderabad and accreditedwith NBA for three years in December 2018.The department is supported by experienced faculty and has full-fledged laboratories to meet the demands of present day scenario along with regular curriculum. The department of EEE also provides more practical exposure beyond the syllabus which is deliberated from II year onwards. The main aim of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering program is to develop enterprising professionals who have an innovative disposition, confidence and abilities to assume leadership roles in technology, business and the community.
The program is designed to give the skills essential for graduate engineers to become immediately employable in the global competitive environment. The department also provides the much needed training by industry experts with hands on experience which helps our students to have an edge over others in this competitive world.
Department Technical Association(Deeptha) and other Professional Students’ chapters organize Guest lectures, Seminars, Quiz Programmes, Group Discussions, etc. The students are motivated and mentored to participate in Project Expos, Hackathons at various National and International level.Many of our alumni are pursuing their higher studies in reputed universities in India and abroad. Most of the students are placed in reputed companies like Robert Bosch, Latent View, TCS, Wipro, Capgemni , Ashok Leyland and Mahindra & Mahindra etc.
Currently department is headed by Dr.Ch.Sunil Kumar, M.Tech, Ph.D, MISTE. His research areas of interest are Electrical Power Systems, Deregulation in Power systems, Electrical machines and Electro-magnetic fields.Ms. D Sowmya of 2014-18 batch has secured 85.2%out of all affiliated Colleges and was awarded with Gold Medal from JNTUH University at VIII Convocation on 24th April 2019. 34 KWp Grid-Tied Roof Top Solar PV System Plantwas inaugurated by Sri.K.V.Vishnu Raju,Chairman, SVES and Sri.Ravichandran Rajagopalan, Vice-chairman on 16th December 2018 as a part of Infrastructure Development for the College.
- Dr.Ch. Sunil Kumar, Professor & HoD and Dr. V. Rajeswari, Professor from EEE Department, BVRITH received grant of 33 Lakhs for DST-Project entitled “Demonstration of MW scale Solar energy Integration in weak grid using Distributed Energy Storage architecture (D-SIDES)” in collaboration with IIT – Roorkee in June 2018.
- Dr.Ch.Sunil Kumar, Professor & HoD and Mr.Guruswamy Revana, Associate Professor from EEE Department presented the proposal on “Remote Diagnosis System for Assisted Living using Internet of Things for Elderly in Rural areas” for DST-TIDE project in Bangalore on 12th June 2018.
- Dr.Ch. Sunil Kumar , Professor &HoD of EEE Department had attended for kick of meeting for sanctioned DST-Project entitled ‘Demonstration of MW scale Solar energy Integration in weak grid using Distributed Energy Storage architecture (D-SIDES)’ in collaboration with IIT – Roorkee at Delhi on 28th August 2018.
- Dr.Guruswamy Revana, Associate Professor (Principal Investigator), Dr. Ch.Sunil Kumar (Co-Principal Investigator), Professor& HoD and Mr.Ch.Santosh Kumar (Co-Principal Investigator), Assistant Professor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department were sanctioned project under Department of Science and Technology (DST) – Technology Intervention for Disabled and Elderly (TIDE) scheme for an amount of about 46 Lakh rupees on 12th Sept 2018. The title of the project is “Remote Diagnosis for Assisted Living Using Internet of Things for Rural Areas”.
- Dr.Ch.Sunil Kumar,Professor& HoD of EEE Department attended “DST Project Kick off meeting and a Workshop” at IIT Roorkee on 27th and 28th October 2018.