BVRIT HYDERABAD College of Engineering for Women always aims high not only in providing the best academics but also striving to fulfill the dreams and to increase the confidence levels in students willing to establish their own industry in future. Incubation Centre, established with the above intention came into existence from 21st December 2013 where students were trained from the initial stages of idea generation to the prototype development and later merged into the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC), established on 8th July 2015 to promote entrepreneurship and to improve the entrepreneurial skills among the students. The main objective of EDC is to create entrepreneurial culture in the institute and foster the growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the students and faculty.
Following Events are undertaken by EDC
- An Idea Pitching Competition conducted on the eve of National Engineer’s Day on 15 September 2021.
- Innovation Ambassador training (Advanced Level, Total 16 Sessions of 30 contact hours) conducted by MoE’s Innovation Cell & AICTE during the period from 30th June – 30th July 2021 in online mode which was attended by select BVRITH Faculty Members.
- 13 Days Workshop on Growing Entrepreneurial Mindset (GEM) by Prof. Sridhar Condoor, Professor, St. Louis University, USA for select Faculty Members of BVRITH from 12 – 26 July 2021.
- Orientation Session on Entrepreneurship by Ms. T. Vasantha Mahalakshmi, ChiefMentor, V-SAW, BVRITH on 19 June 2021.
- CEO- Student Interaction by Mr. Hemanth Satyanarayana, Founder & CEO, Imaginate, San Jose, USA on 08 June 2021.
- CEO- Student Interaction by Mr. A. Gopi Raja, Founder & CEO, Fopple Technologies, Vijayawada on 29 May 2021
- Guest Lecture on “Transforming Ideas into Realities” conducted on 01 May 2021.
- Smart Idea Challenge – An Idea Pitching Competition on the eve of MEDHANVESH- 2021, A National Level Students Tech Fest conducted on 30 January 2021
- Constitution Day and Awareness Programme on National Innovation and Start Up Policy (NISP) was organised on 26 November 2021.
- National Innovation Day – Expert Talk on “Start up Culture in India & How students ideas turn into Reality” organised on 05 October 2020.
- A National Level Awareness programme of Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises, National Innovation Day – Samasya 3600 a Contest to identify and present an in-depth understanding of different problems prevailing in the society / Industry /any other problem domain organised on 15 October 2020, (MSME), Govt. of India organised on 26 February 2020.
- A webinar on Intellectual Property and Innovation Management for Start ups and MSME’s organised on 15 June 2020.
- A 36Hr Hackathon – WE ENABLE with the theme of technology for differently abled conducted on 24th & 25th January 2020 in association with J-HUB and IIC BVRITH.
- A One day workshop o “Problem Identification and Validation” is conducted on 29th October 2019.
- A two week FDP on “Entrepreneurship” in association with Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED), ALEAP, Hyderabad and sponsored by NSTEDB during 18th – 30th March, 2019.
- A three day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp sponsored by NSTEDB is organized during 7th to 9th February 2019.
- A three day Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp sponsored by NSTEDB is organized during 17th to 19th January 2019.
- Expert talk on entrepreneurship on 8th august, 2018.
- International Conference on Entrepreneurship and Technology – 2018 (I-CET – 2018)in association with American Business School, Paris on 3rd&4th March, 2018.
- Smart Idea Challenge – An idea pitching competition on the eve of Medhanvesh –2018, A National Level Students Tech Fest on 24th January, 2018.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp during 30thOctober to 1st November, 2017 in association with EDC, JNTUH, supported by NSTEDB.
- One day workshop on Social Entrepreneurship by Dr. Hafeez Basha, CTO, BRCORP on 21stOctober, 2017.
- A two day colloquium on “Inspiring Young Engineers Aspiring for Startup” with the support of IEEE student branch, on 29th and 30th, July, 2016.
Mosquito Repellent in a Pen
Portable Lunch Box.
Solar based automatic plant watering system
Clear Touch Solution
Solar Bill Board
Domestic Solar Water Heater
Contact Details of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) In-charge:
Dr. S. KALYAN, MBA, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Management Studies,
Dept. of Basic Sciences and Humanities,
BVRIT HYDERABAD College of Engineering for Women,
Rajiv Gandhi Nagar, Nizampet Road, Bachupally,