Toastmasters International provides a supportive and positive learning experience in which members develop communication, leadership skills and boost self-confidence and personal growth.
BVRIT HYDERABAD TM Club was chartered on Jun 19, 2017 with 32 members and it conducted 100 meetings so far.
The club conducts meeting every week on Saturday, that is monthly four times so that all members get speech slots.
Every meeting will have four segments:
- Prepared speeches
- Impromptus speeches
- Taking roles of meeting:
- Toastmaster of the Day- main anchor of the meeting, who anchors prepared speeches.
- Table Topic master- anchor of impromptus speech segment.
- General Evaluator- who evaluates the whole meeting.
- Grammarian, who points outs the good and bad usage of grammar.
- AH Counter, who identifies fillers and clichés.
- Timer , who keeps time for Prepared speeches, Table topics, Evaluation and Role players
- Presiding officer, who sets the tone of meeting.
- Sergeant at arm, who looks after the arrangements of the meeting.
Intended outcomes of Toastmaster Club:
- Improve your public speaking skills
- Gain self- confidence and self- awareness
- Practice writing speeches and presenting in a group setting
- Gain a competitive advantage in the workplace
- Enjoy unlimited personal growth
- Maximize potential
- Build leadership skills
- Work on networking in a small and supportive environment
- Receive regular and constructive feedback from peers with similar interests as you
- Access to the pathways learning experience , which is an education program that allows to leverage over 300 practices workplace skill, including:
- Interview preparation
- Online meeting management
- Leadership development
- Project management
As a result of their active participation in club activities, all the first batch Toastmasters were placed in prestigious multinational companies such as Capgemini, Microsoft, Virtusa, Cone Labs, Tech Mahindra, etc.