Dr. B. Srinivasa Rao was born in West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh on 8-06-1971.
He completed his
- B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) from JNTU College of Engineering, Kakinada in 1994,
- M. Tech.(Electrical Power Systems) from JNTU College of Engineering, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh in 1996
- Ph. D. (Power Systems) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University College of Engineering, Hyderabad in 2014.
He has total 26 years of teaching experience. He worked as faculty at various levels in Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering college, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh for more than 22 years. He is presently serving as Professor & Head in EEE Department, BVRIT Hyderabad College of Engineering for Women, Bachupally, Hyderabad.
He has completed two research funding projects worth of Rs. 13.8 Laks. And he also completed one AICTE funded MODROB project worth of Rs. 12.0 Laks.
He has 14 International journal publications in various SCI and Scopus indexed journals. He also published 15 research articles in various International and National conferences.
Currently he is a reviewer of several peer reviewed journals like, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy System, Energy Conversion and Management, Electric Power Components and Systems Journal, Swarm and Evolutionary Computation and International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems.
His research interests are
- Application of soft computing methods to Power Systems
- Power System Optimization with Renewable systems
- Deregulated power system operation with FACTS devices.
- IEEE- Senior Member (From 2021) & Professional member (from 2014) 93062631
- FIE (Fellowship member -F1222038 from January 2017)
- ISTE– Life member – LM25171 from December 1997